Wednesday, June 10, 2009

On Judge Sotomayor

I don't plan to discuss Judge Sotomayor's nomination on a regular basis—debates over Supreme Court nominees are purely political, and have absolutely nothing to do with jurisprudence. I don't think it's possible to accurately predict what kind of Supreme Court justice a federal judge will be based on her record as a circuit and district judge. That said, I hope Judge Sotomayor is confirmed. She has always struck me as careful and willing to embrace complexity, which are two attributes I value very highly in judges. Plus, I'm excited about being able to say that I appeared before a Supreme Court justice twice back when she was a federal district judge.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Step back and picture this to get a second: Do you actually believe that the resources of the legislation Diablo III itemswould be better used adjudicating regardless of whether this can be "manipulation"? Why would our system end up being set up to produce this sort of "manipulation" simple and perhaps likely? Right be preferable in order to avoid these scenarios coming from wasting the time on the judiciary by simply restraining the wow gold kaufenamount of "insurance" which might be bought?