Saturday, July 25, 2009

Advance Book Copies

Speaking of David Wessel's book, In Fed We Trust, how does everyone have advance copies? The release date is August 4th, but several bloggers have apparently read it, or at least have it, already. Tyler Cowen has already read it and recommended it; Ezra Klein says he has it "on the nightstand at home"; and Arnold Kling has already skimmed it (and dismissed it for containing too many pesky facts about what actually happened). I understand that publishers send advance copies to journalists to try to get them to write a review, but neither Cowen nor Kling is a journalist. I practically keep the publishers in business with how many books I buy—plus, I always buy the hardcover version, and often the ebook version as well (I like to be able to search books that I've read). But in my entire life, I've never once been offered an advance copy of a book. What gives?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess they ask (although some might be targetted). Most publishers quietly solicit such requests - for example here's Wiley's:
http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-301915.html

Anonymous said...

It's my job to buy the hardcover variation, Cheap Guild Wars 2 Gold and infrequently the ebook version at the same time (I like to manage to research ebooks that will I've truly understand). However in my well being, I have in no way as soon as recently been Guild Wars 2 CD Key supplied a loan content of the ebook. What exactly offers?

cheap gw2 gold said...

On Friday hosted the Guild Wars 2 developers the Community Lunch in Hamburg: it is to eat, drink and talk about the MMO. Our fansite admin kronos1980 took the chance and was on hand to learn more about the latest developments. Cheap GW2 gold

Trần Duy Thuận said...

Trần Duy Thuận Blog đang cần nhận gia công tại nhà. Ai có cần người nhận gia công tại nhà tphcm liên hệ mình nhé. Truy cập vào đặt vé máy bay giá rẻ vietjet để có thêm kinh nghiệm khi đi máy bay nhé.

Fire Ball said...

Liệu có nên mua máy giặt cũ, hay tìm mua tủ lạnh cũ ở đâu? Nếu chưa tìm thấy nơi bán thì hãy ghé qua trung tâm điện máy cũ tại thằng ghờm shop. Với những snả phẩm điện máy, điện lạnh cũ, và máy lạnh cũ nội địa chắc chắn sẽ làm bạn hài lòng.


Nếu bạn người thích cập nhật kiến thức mới lạ, hữu ích thì hãy ghé qua chuyên mục tổng hợp kiến thức nơi tìm lời giải đáp cho những thắc mắc như: www là viết tắt của từ gì, deep là gì,...

Allen jeley said...

I read your book copies and your new writing stories very good thanks for share it phd application statement of purpose .